Hi Erika, what do you do at Learnifier?
- I work as a Customer Success Manager.
Exciting. What does it mean and what do you do on a daily basis?
- In my role I am responsible for our customer onboarding process. This means helping our customers to get started with our tool, make sure it gets implemented within their organizations, helping them understand and solve their challenges and reach their goals. I also develop and improve the onboarding process and another big part of my role is creating customer success materials such as guides, emails, video tutorials etc.
“I try to make room in my calendar for creative days when I can just think, plan and create and not have
What do your days look like now and where do you work?
- I live in Kungsholmen in Stockholm and I usually work from my apartment. Every day starts with a morning meeting with the rest of the Customer Success team. This is really great as we get updated on what everyone is focusing on that day and get a chance to socialize. Then I usually have a few meetings with customers - everything from startup meetings and workshops to follow-up meetings with customers that have been up and running for some time. During the days I also spend some time in my inbox helping customers:
I try to make room in my calendar for creative days when I can just think, plan and create and not have meetings booked. Those days I may go outside my home office, treat myself to some good coffee, a pain au chocolat or something else. As a team we try to get some social work time as well, often at Urban Deli (Editor’s Note: Café and restaurant in Stockholm).
“I got the feeling Learnifier had great values and that I was really going to be able to make a difference. All was true and I love working here.”
How did you end up doing what you do and working here at Learnifier?
- I have always loved to work with people. For some time I worked as a hostess at real estate showings, a job I got through a recruitment agency. Later that agency contacted me regarding the customer success role at Learnifier. As soon as I met our current CCO Marie Forsberg and heard more about Learnifier and its exciting future, I wanted to work here. I got the feeling Learnifier had great values, an exciting future and that I was really going to be able to make a difference.
All was true and I love working here.
What is your main super power and how has it helped you now during Covid?
- I would say my ability to always see solutions and see the positive - even in bad situations.
Which are some of the big work challenges you have faced during Corona and have you overcome them, how?
- Socializing with your colleagues can be quite tricky. It is easy when working remotely to only focus on work. We as a company try to make it easier by daily 3 pm fika breaks (Editor's note: Holy break time in Sweden), Friday drink o´clocks, daily team check-ins, after work activities etc.
It can be challenging to reflect and share with others and learn from each other. In the office it is so much easier as you can have a discussion around the coffee machine or just walk up to someone’s desk and ask a question. In the digital workspace- there is a threshold. We try to facilitate learning for example in Slack channels and through online meetings.
Another challenge is that it can feel lonely and isolated when working remotely. I find it very important to get that social time during at least one time of the day. One thing I have discovered and enjoyed during the last months is “walk and talks” with colleagues. These conversations can be both work related or just social.
“If you get a lot of energy from other people, initiate calls and meetings. Own your social work life!”
What good aspects have you found working remotely?
- I would say the following:
Flexibility. I have been able to combine work and study at the same time.
You save lots of time - instead of traveling to and from the office, or between different customer appointments.
You are more productive as there are few distractions.
Also better work life balance. I get outside during the day. Having a dog has really helped with this.
What have you learned? Advice for others?
- Here are a few I can think of:
Change the environment often - work from home, at a café, at a co-working space.
Spoil yourself sometimes - have a cappuccino, or some extra tasty lunch for example.
Initiate calls and meetings. Own your social work life!
Try and be active and work out! If nothing else a 30 minute walk can do wonders.
How will your dream work situation be in a few months
- I want a mix of working from home but also working from the office. I want to have the choice to be able to work from anywhere depending on what I need to do. For me, spontaneity is also something that is very important in my everyday life and that I appreciate. With remote work, it is much easier to assume that you can work basically anywhere the next day, if you are in that mood.
Interview by: Rebecca Cannerfelt
Learnifier is the leading Learning Platform in the Nordics.
Since 2012 companies and organizations of all sizes use our platform to quickly and easily create and share courses for onboarding and training of employees, customers, partners, members and other groups they want to reach with their knowledge.
Read more at www.learnifier.com
Curious about working here?
Visit our career page