Since March 2021 all of the Learnifier employees work fully remote until we find our new space in the new hybrid reality. Every week we check in with one Learnifier, getting a glimpse into their remote work life and get their best tips for wellbeing and productivity.
This time we interviewed our SDR Joakim Svantesson.
Hi, what do you do at Learnifier?
- I work as a Sales Development Representative or SDR.
Exciting. What does it mean and what do you do on a daily basis?
- You can say I am the bridge between marketing and sales. I am the person who contacts people who sign upp for free trials, demos, who download guides or in any other ways engage with us. I also proactively reach out to a lot of people who I think may be interested in our learning platform.
I work closely with sales and marketing and my main focus is to make sure sales meet with customers for whom we can create value. Usually managers in small and medium sized businesses, but we also work with small companies as well as large organizations and the public sector.
How do your days look like now and where do you work?
- I mostly work from my apartment at Södermalm (Editor's Note: Trendy area in Stockholm.)
To get variation I sometimes work at cafés or co-working spaces. And sometimes I work for a few days at my country house in Värmland, Sweden.
How did you end up doing what you do and working here at Learnifier?
- I have always loved working with people and I have worked a lot within customer service, restaurant and retail. When I saw the ad for the role at Learnifier I felt this could be very exciting and immediately when I went to the interview I got a warm feeling and knew I wanted to work here.
"Routines are A and O as we say in Sweden. I for example always try and have a nice breakfast and get outside during lunch every day."
What is your main super power and how has it helped you now during Covid?
- I would say my super memory. It has served me and my team well during these hectic and fast changing times.
What are some of the big work challenges you have faced working remotely and have you overcome them? How?
- I really miss the spontaneous meetings with my colleagues. I have tried overcoming this lack of social interaction by taking part in a lot of digital activities such as digital after works and coffee breaks.
I also miss having a place to go to where focus is 100 % on work. It is nice to separate work and private life. I have tried creating a feeling of this by dedicating an area of the apartment to work and trying to work classic work hours, 8 - 5.
Another challenge I feel is that processes and projects can take longer than they would have to normally. I try to use Slack and other channels to move things along as opposed to email.
What good aspects have you found working remotely?
- It has been much easier to find time for exercise. I also eat better (and cheaper).
Another advantage is that I get more time to spend with family and friends in the countryside as it is easier to travel. I also enjoy working outside on the balcony when the weather is nice -
and playing good music without having to wear headphones.
What have you learned? Advice for others?
- Routines are A and O as we say in Sweden. I for example always try and have a nice breakfast and get out during lunch every day.
Also, treat yourself sometimes to some goodies such as a nice coffee on the town etc.
Another thing that has worked well for me is to meet up with and work together with other friends who also work remotely.
How will your dream work situation be in a few months?
- I hope to be able to get back to an office soon. I love the energy that comes from that.
I like freedom to be able to work wherever I like but I also like to draw a line between work and private life. I will probably be in the new space, Learnifier Studios, most of the time when we find it.
Interview by: Rebecca Cannerfelt
Learnifier is the leading Learning Platform in the Nordics.
Since 2012 companies and organizations of all sizes use our platform to quickly and easily create and share courses for onboarding and training of employees, customers, partners, members and other groups they want to reach with their knowledge.
Read more at www.learnifier.com
Curious about working here?
Visit our career page